Saturday, April 7, 2018

Pity Poor Me

Kith and Kin Everywhere, April 7, 2018,

Every 3 months, the eye doc has to check my eyesight, my having a hint of
macular degeneration, albeit with still 20/20 vision.  

As you may note, I simply hate the process when the fetching -- no, knockout! -- Shannon, the Eye Tech Girl, will grab the hat off my head, don it, sit on my lap and snap a 'selfie.'

You can tell that I simply detest the fantastic adventure.
See that scowl as she wraps those lovely arms around me?

No, no, my 'nurse,' My Marvelous Marlene, always accompanies me and approves as I suffer the pangs of such painful behavior.
Things are that tough, here in the desert; don't feel sorry for me, though, as I'm able to suffer through it.



As some of Jack's Pack may have noticed, we never eat fast food, although we do dine out often.  Well, the newspaper had an Arby's ad for gyros and we both love Greek food, so we bought two to take home after our gym workout.

Now we know why we don't patronize such places.  The clientele seemed in need of a shower, a visit to a dentist and a laundromat.

O-o-o-e-es they were!  

And the gyros may have had some sort of sauce, but it wasn't tzatziki and the meat lacked the zing of oregano and lamb that makes Greco cuisine so zestful.  Yep, should have gone to Niko's!  At least the diners are clean there and most have a full set of teeth -- where did those scumbags come from?  

Shades of the Grapes of Wrath!  Well, it is 97° and sunny here while the folks back East are suffering from precipitation in one form or another.  That does attract visitors to our city.

And now we'll return to our pondering about the web of railroads that China is weaving throughout Central Asia, Africa and Europe -- One Belt, One Road, they call it -- or the New Silk Road.  We think it serves also as a noose around Uncle Sam's neck.

How do you view it?  Click on "No Comment" to comment -- I don't understand why, but just do it.

PT Jack, the Neanderthal




No comments:

Post a Comment